- The Website is operated by stem4 (“stem4” or “we” or “us” or “our“). We are a charity registered in England and Wales under registered charity number 1144506 and have our registered office at Wimbledon Business Centre, Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, London SW19 8YB.
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of the Website
- The Website provides information for youth, adults, parents, educators and professionals regarding mental health issues.
- The use of the Website is at your own risk. The Website and the materials and information contained on it are provided to you “as is” and “as available”, and are not:
- intended to be a substitute for professional, medical or psychological advice, diagnosis or treatment that can be provided by your own medical provider or mental health provider; and
- intended to amount to professional, medical or psychological advice on which you should rely.
- Subject to paragraphs 18 to 20 below, we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. You agree that you will not disregard or delay seeking professional, medical, mental health or other relevant professional advice in substitution of the Website. Do not stop any treatment you are having as a result of this Website without speaking to your own medical provider, mental health provider or qualified medical professional.
Your obligations when using the Website
- The Website is made available for your personal use or for educational use, and must not be used for any unauthorised or illegal purpose or commercial purpose whatsoever. Use of the Website for any other purpose is prohibited.
- You may link to our home page only, from a Website owned by you and that complies with the standards set out in paragraphs 12 and 13 below, and with Applicable Law. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists and any link must not damage our reputation or exploit it.
- use the Website:
- in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity including (without limitation) copyright infringement;
- for harming or attempting to harm any individual;
- to send, receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the standards set out in paragraphs 12 and 13 below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses or other material which is malicious, harmful or which disrupt the current operation of our Website, and you must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. If you breach this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the UK Computer Misuse Act 1990;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Website;
- use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics from our Website without the accompanying text.
- If a feature allows you to upload material to our Website, or make contact with other users of our Website, then any contribution that you make must be accurate (where it states facts), genuinely held (where it states opinions) and comply with Applicable Laws in the UK and in any country from which it is posted. You must not upload anything to our Website that:
- contains defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, or inflammatory, violent or sexually explicit material;
- promotes discrimination;
- infringes any intellectual property rights or is in breach of any obligation owed to a third party;
- is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- is (or could considered to be) threatening, cause annoyance, harassment, distress, embarrassment, alarm, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any other person or invade another’s privacy, or
- can be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that they come from us.
- We will not be responsible for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our Website and we have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our Website.
- We have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any material that you upload to our Website for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material uploaded or provided by you constitutes a violation or breach of their rights.
Privacy, Personal Data and Security
- In order to access certain material on this Website, you may be asked to register for a username and password, and may be asked to provide the following personal data to us:
- your name;
- your email address;
- the name of your school;
- your school’s address; and
- the type of school you attend.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rights (including copyright, database rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in and relating to) the Website and the material published on it are owned by or licensed to stem4. All database rights in underlying databases and subsisting in information collected from you by stem4 are the property of stem4. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Where our Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We do not endorse or make any warranties or representations about the other websites, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. You must comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement when using any third-party materials or any third-party website accessed by a link on the Website.
- We make no representation or warranty that:
- your access to the Website will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free; or
- the use of the Website or any material or content contained in it complies with the Applicable Laws of or is suitable or appropriate for use in any jurisdiction outside the United Kingdom.
- You understand and agree that to the maximum extent permitted by Applicable Law, stem4 (including our members, officers, employees, agents, directors, affiliates and/or management) will not be responsible for:
- any and all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, incurred by any user in relation to the Website, or in relation to the use, inability to use, reliance on or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it, and any materials posted on it, including without limitation any liability for:
- any information, materials or recommendations related to the Website;
- matters beyond our control, including without limitation the incorrectness or incompleteness of information provided on third-party websites that may be linked to, directly or indirectly, by means of the Website;
- interference with or damage to any other application on your device;
- the failure or delay in the delivery of electronic data, the interception or manipulation of electronic data by third parties and transmission and the impact of software viruses;
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage;
- loss of data, anticipated savings, profits, contracts, business or business opportunity, income, revenue, goodwill and reputation; and
- damage to any equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your download, installation, access to or use of the Website or your obtaining any material from or as a result of using the Website; and
- all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the Website (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise in relation to the Website), including without limitation any warranty, term or condition as to completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of the information within the Website, satisfactory quality, performance, fitness for purpose or any special purpose, availability, quiet enjoyment and title.
Suspension and Termination
- We may, at any time and without notice to you, amend or withdraw or suspend our Website (and/or the materials and/or services on our Website), and we shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if we choose to do so.
- withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
- removal of any material uploaded by you to our Website;
- legal proceedings or legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Website, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.